FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup
founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and
investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced
entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and
field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is
broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email
or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Satish Dharmaraj of
Redpoint Ventures answer viewer questions including:
- Zimbra was quite ahead of its time, integrating both cloud and
mobile when mobile was still young and the cloud didn't
yet exist. What was the process for coming up with the
product? How did you describe Zimbra when pitching it to
- How does a seed stage company get noticed by an investor like
- What are the main advantages and disadvantages of an uncapped
note versus a priced round?
- What are the characteristics of the most successful founders
you've worked with? Any patterns?
- It seems there are too many startups and not enough great
employees to go around. Would a correction that culled some weaker
start-ups be a net positive in the long run?