Oct 8, 2015
FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email or Twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Chamath
Palihapitiya of Social Capital answer viewer questions
- How much does investor diversity affect the performance of a fund? Do you see LPs seeking out more diverse venture teams?
- How do you stay motivated to keep reaching for the stars after all of your success? Do you treat entrepreneurship as a game? Or do you feel connected to entrepreneurship as a purpose?
- Why did you decide not to focus on investing in social websites when you have so much experience in that area?
- What are the mistakes you see startup CEOs making on a regular basis?
- Messaging seems to be a very active space right now, with Snapchat, Whatsapp, WeChat, Slack, etc. What do you see as the next evolution of messaging?