FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup
founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and
investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced
entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and
field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is
broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email
or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Kent Goldman of
Upside Partnership answer viewer questions including:
- If you're joining a startup of about 50 people, how can you
really tell if they're doing well?
- I work for a ‘unicorn' company in SF. Are there ways a startup
employee can cash out of some of their stock options without
upsetting the company?
- Today's NY Times has an article about there being too much
capital available right now. Do you anticipate a market correction?
Do you think this would be a benefit?
- How much customer traction do you need to see to make an
investment in a startup?
- I've been working for 3 years in a large tech company. I've
been considering joining a startup vs. getting an MBA. Do investors
value MBAs? What would you recommend I do?