Jul 9, 2015
FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup
founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and
investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced
entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and
field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is
broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email
or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Josh Stein of DFJ
answer viewer questions including:
- People talk about a valuation "bubble". What would it look like
if this bubble pops, and how can we hedge against it?
- How quickly do you make a decision on an investment? What are
the key things you look for? Is it team? Product? Something
- How do you envision deal terms changing for later stage
investments due to the increase in non traditional investors (e.g
mutual funds) with different risk tolerances and liquidity
- How does DFJ make a decision to invest in a revolutionary
technologies that are aimed at the distant future like SpaceX,
Planet Labs, Tesla, SolarCity…?
- I’m choosing between two startup jobs: one has a team I
know well but I don’t really believe in the product, and the other
where I believe in the product but don’t know the team. Do
you have any advice?