Jul 2, 2015
FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup
founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and
investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced
entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and
field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is
broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email
or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Philip Rosedale of
High Fidelity answer viewer questions including:
- What are some of the differences between starting a company
today vs back in the 1990's, aside from lower cost of
- You've been able to raise a lot of money from some great
investors. What are the key reasons you're able to do that? Any
insights for a first-time CEO?
- Ray Kurzweil and Andrew Ng are advancing AI with their work at
Google Labs and Baidu Research Lab. What advantages do you
have in advancing Virtual Reality in startups as opposed to joining
a large company like Google or Baidu?
- We are deciding between taking money from a lead investor we
don't like and waiting for the right investor to come along. Any
advice for weighing the pros and cons?
- What are your thoughts on employee compensation? Do you do
anything out of the ordinary for your teams?