Jun 4, 2015
FounderLine is a live weekly webcast devoted to helping startup founders succeed, hosted by seven-time startup entrepreneur and investor Joe Beninato. Each week, Joe welcomes an experienced entrepreneur or investor to discuss startup-related topics and field questions from entrepreneurs around the world. FounderLine is broadcast live, and viewers are welcome to send questions via email or twitter. For more information, go to founderline.com.
In this episode, host Joe Beninato and guest Jessica Livingston of Y Combinator answer viewer questions including:
- What are some definitive steps that founders can take to define a lasting culture for their startups?
- If you were to name a few of the common attributes of the unicorns that have come through YC, what would they be?
- How do you keep an investor from poaching your startup's product/idea - developing it with another team?
- We are considering applying for YC. What are some of the things that stand out in the applications and make it more likely to get accepted?
- As a mom and startup founder myself, I'm wondering how to fit it all in...being a good employee, wife, mom, etc. Any tips?