FounderLine host Joe Beninato and his guest, angel investor Mark
Goines, answer listener questions including:
- Founders may find themselves self-funding the business from
personal savings and drawing no salary during early days. If the
business makes it to a professional funding round, are there ways
for the founders to fairly recover some or all of their
- Angels seem to take a lot of risk. Why do they do it?
- What's happening in the education startup space?
- What is the #1 reason you've seen companies fail? Is it
founders disagreeing? Lack of product/market fit? Inability to
- Do you have any advice on the best way to find the right
investors for my startup?
In the "Ask The Lawyer" segment, Mitch Zuklie of Orrick
discusses making board meetings productive.